- February 2020 – Present: Associate Editor of Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds Journal
- October 2018 – April 2019: NSERC Create Program in Data Analytics and Visualization
- 2019: York University Faculty of Graduate Studies Committee on Broadening the Dissertation
Academic Examination Committees
- 2019: External Examiner, PhD Oral Examination, Rutgers University, Vahid Azizi, Graph-representation Learning for Human-centred Analysis of Building Layouts.
Conference Program/Scientific Committees
- 2021: 16th International Symposium on Visual Computing
- 2021: 19th biannual Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures 2021
- 2021 (x3): 12th annual Symposium on Simulation for Architecture and Urban Design
- 2020 (x2): 13th annual ACM SIGGRAPH conference on Motion, Interaction, and Games 2020
- 2020 (x2): 29th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence workshop on Neural Cognitive Modeling of Humans and Environments
- 2020 (x2): 15th International Symposium on Visual Computing
- 2019 (x5): 12th annual ACM SIGGRAPH conference on Motion, Interaction, and Games 2019
- 2019 (x2): 14th International Symposium on Visual Computing
- 2018 (x3): 11th annual ACM SIGGRAPH conference on Motion, Interaction, and Games 2018
- 2018 – present (x4): Computers & Graphics Journal
- 2015 – present (x9): Computer Animation & Virtual Worlds Journal (outside AE duties)
- 2013 – present (x16): The Visual Computer Journal
- 2020: 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2021)
- 2020: Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- 2020: Journal of Computational Science
- 2019 (x2): ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA 2019)
- 2019: 32nd Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2019)
- 2019: Eurographics 2019
- 2019: IEEE VR 2019
- 2018 (x2): SIGGRAPH Asia 2018
- 2018: ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA 2018)
- 2018: Simulation & Gaming
- 2018: SIGGRAPH 2018
- 2018: 31st Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2018)
- 2018: Eurographics (EG 2018)
- 2017 (x2): SIGGRAPH Asia 2017
- 2017: ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA 2017)
- 2017 (x2): 30th Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2017)
- 2017 (x2): SIGGRAPH 2017
- 2017 (x2): IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2017)
- 2017: ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2017)
- 2016: Computer Graphics Forum
- 2016: 24th Pacific Conference on Computer Graphics and Applications (Pacific Graphics 2016)
- 2016: SIGGRAPH Asia 2016
- 2016 (x2): SIGGRAPH 2016
- 2016 (x2): ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems – Late Breaking Works (CHI 2016)
- 2015: 8th International ACM SIGGRAPH Conference on Motion in Games (MIG 2015)
- 2015: ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA 2015)
- 2014: 14th International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVA 2014)
Workshops, Panels, and Public Engagement
- “Mission, Strategy, & Politics of Starting a Library” Panel, Information & Museum Studies Conference 2019 – Community Knowledge: Shared Practices of Sense-Making, Communication, & Collaboration, University of Toronto, 2019.
- “Graphics and Media at York (GaMaY) Lab – Animation and Virtual Reality”, Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Initiative – Science Funday. York University, Toronto, Canada, 2018.
- “Visualize Fast, Visualize Often: Important Insights from Small Changes in Perspective”, NSERC CreateDAV – Summer School, York University, Toronto, Canada, 2018.
- “Toronto Zine Library”, Maker Festival Toronto 2018.
- “Footstep Action Identification and Clustering from Motion Capture”, NSERC CreateDAV – Data Analytics & Visualization Bootcamp, York University, Toronto, Canada, 2017.
- “Graphics and Media at York (GaMaY) Lab”, NSERC CreateDAV Lab Tours, York University, Toronto, Canada, 2016.
- “Building the TalkBox Do-It-Yourself speech generating device”, Reclaiming Our Bodies and Minds (ROBAM) 2016.
- “Vocal Tract Visualization (VTV) Project: Centre for Innovation in Information Visualization and Data Driven Design (CIVDDD)”, Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Discovery 2015.
- “TalkBox Project: Tetra Society of North America”, Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Accessibility Innovation Showcase 2015.
- “Devices 4 Disabilities (D4D) @ YorkU”, The Maker Festival 2015.
- “MakeTalk Workshop”, The Toronto Mini Maker Faire 2014.
- April 2018 – Present: Board Member (Director of Technical Development & Acting Secretary) @ The Canada Comics Open Library in Toronto, Canada.
- March 2018 – Present: Volunteer (Technical Consultant & Developer) @ the Toronto Zine Library in Toronto, Canada.
- February 2019: Mentor @ ElleHacks 2019 in Lassonde School of Engineering at York University
- May 2018: Volunteer @ AI·GI·CRV 2018.
- February 2018: Mentor @ ElleHacks 2018 in Lassonde School of Engineering at York University
- September 2014 – September 2016: President of Devices 4 Disabilities @ York University
- June 2016 – August 2016: Data science Collaborator with the Toronto Tool Library Sharing Depot (in collaboration with interns from the University of Toronto iSchool Master of Information program)
- March 2014 – August 2014: Vice President of Devices 4 Disabilities @ York University
- August 2010 – August 2012: Astronomy Tutor for NATS-AID, a student-run organization in the Faculty of Science, Natural Science Division, @ York University.